Planning to build a new cabinet on your own at home? One of the many important tools required for that task is a circular saw, which is a power tool used to cut materials like wood easily. Now, you must be thinking which one to buy, right?
Buying a power tool can be a little tedious, especially when the market has an array of options to offer. Today, we have picked some of the best circular saws for domestic as well as professional requirements. We have taken into account various aspects that a household and professional individual may encounter while working with a power tool. The reviews below are based on our practical experiences with each tool and we hope our efforts will alleviate your burden in making an informed choice.
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Powerful 12.0 AMP motor for optimum performance in a wide variety of materials
- Precision accurate cutting delivers a splinter free mirror finish
Best Circular Saw On The Market of 2020
1. Makita Plunge Circular Saw Kit
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Powerful 12.0 AMP motor for optimum performance in a wide variety of materials
- Precision accurate cutting delivers a splinter free mirror finish
For high precision cutting, the Makita SP6000J1 circular saw is a lightweight and efficient tool for everyday use. Built with high-quality magnesium components, the Makita SP6000J1 is one of the lightest circular saws in the market. With two speed variations of 2000 and 5000 rpm, you can work on any surface with ease, speed, and efficiency.
However, its 12-amp motor provides more power per pound and has a portable 55″ precision table attached to the unit. This arrangement gives proper control for splinter-free cuts even with tough materials and the plunge-release lever gives you comfort. The unit weighs only 17.2 pounds and comes with a 7.9 feet cord and a 6-1/2″ 48T Carbide-Tipped Saw Blade.
Engineered with a depth-stop arrangement, the circular saw can cut 1/16″ preliminary cut for precise, splinter-free work. Besides, the -1° to +48° movement allows a clean bevel cut with positive stops at 22.5° and 45°. However, this circular saw cannot cut pieces narrower than the guide track. This is the only limitation that we found while using it.
Overall, the Makita SP6000J1 circular saw is one of the tools that you can rely on. Having it not only reduces your work but also brings home a precise and clean finish.
2. SKILSAW Sidewinder Circular Saw
- Lightest weight professional circular saw in its class at 8.6 lbs.
- 56 degree bevel with positive stop at 45 degree allows you to complete a variety of cuts
- 15 Amp motor ensures power for demanding cuts
Engineered for precision cutting, the Skilsaw Sidewinder SPT67WL is a lightweight and powerful circular saw. With a 56° beveling capacity, lightweight housing, and a dual-motor, this circular saw is easy to handle.
The powerful 15-amp worm drive-enabled motor delivers 5,300 rpm and that is indeed a decent power to work with. Weighing only 8.6 pounds, the circular saw has managed to accommodate a dust-blower for a clear view during working.
With the power churning out, the torque produced easily decimates almost any material thanks to the 24-tooth carbide saw. Made from dual copper windings, the motor has increased cooling surface any 40% and keeps the motor cool during operations.
At 90° angle, the 7-1/4″ saw can cut a depth of 2-7/16″ and has beveling stops at 0° and 45°. This makes it easy for you to work on projects like sliding, frames, decks, even ceilings. It also has an on-tool multi-function wrench for blade/brush changing.
However, if it included a laser- sighting arrangement, the tool would have been ‘perfect’. Still, it has the best value for money in the market so you will not be disappointed with it anyway.
This circular saw is one of the lightest in the professional category and is an all-rounded portable work tool. However, we would like to add a bit more to the equipment – a laser sighting.
3. Milwaukee Tilt-Lok Circular Saw
- Power Tools and Accessories
- Imported from China
- Commercial Brand Milwaukee
The Milwaukee Tilt-Lok Circular Saw, as the name suggests, has got a tilt-mechanism. Versatile and easy to use, the circular saw has a tilt handle for more than one angle for easy operation. Locking the circular saw at a stable angle is possible because of the tilt and lock mechanism.
The unit is equipped with a 15-amp powerful motor and has an aircraft aluminum body that gives stability and precision. The motor is capable of churning out 5,800 rpm, which is an impressive feature of this machine. Comfort and ease of handling are some of the core factors that we noticed while working with this equipment.
The Milwaukee circular saw has a 50° bevel attachment and a 7-1/4″ saw blade that makes working with it a breeze. A laser-sighting arrangement and the one-touch spindle-lock button feature is definitely our favorite. This feature makes it quite quick and easy to change the blade; it also comes with a wrench and a case.
The Milwaukee Tilt-Lok has an exclusive 8-position handle locks that are the USP of this product. Users will feel the difference in ease and comfort compared to others in the market. A quality product, the Milwaukee Tilt-Lok circular saw is a tough one to beat for its price.
4. Genesis Control Grip Compact Circular Saw
- Add the powerful, compact, and lightweight control grip 4-1/2 in. Compact circular saw to your tool set today!
- Powerful - 5. 8 amp motor and 3500 RPM uses triple‐gear reduction for maximum torque | Cut through 2x material with ease without using a heavy and bulky 7-1/4” Circular saw.
- Convenient - quickly cuts through all 2x material with included tungsten-carbide-tipped blade | with 4-1/2” blades, you don’t have to keep larger blades around for those smaller projects to cut 2x materials!
If you face difficulties during complex horizontal and vertical cuts, then the Genesis GCS545C circular saw is the one to buy! With a 4-1/2” extended grip handle, the saw has much more stability than a regular circular saw. You can notice the difference when you work on a vertical surface; the experience is comfortable and easy.
Equipped with a 5.8-amp motor, this circular can cut hardwoods, softwood, composites, and even copper and aluminum. It has a triple gear reduction system encased in a cast aluminum gearbox for speed and precision control.
The 4-1/2” 24T tungsten-carbide-tipped blade can cut through two times the material, and eliminates the need for a 7-1/4” blade. We liked this feature as the machine redefines portability with additional space-saving.
The adjustable depth and bevel settings give a 1-11/16” cut at 90° and 1-1/8” at 45° respectively. The unit has a built‐in dust port and vacuum adaptor that collects debris. The motor churns out a maximum speed of 3500 rpm and comes with an optional 60T HSS blade.
It has an optional 48” rip cutting track system that makes it easy to work on drywalls. Given its performance, we could say this could be a useful circular saw available in the market.
5. PORTER-CABLE 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- 15 amp motor running at 5,500 RPM provides power and speed through applications
- Magnesium shoe, metal upper & lower guards provide added durability
- Spindle lock and depth adjustment for quick adjustments on the job
If you are looking for a powerful and portable circular saw that delivers instant torque and speed, then Porter-Cable is the one. This machine never disappoints with its 5,500-rpm and slices through work with ease. Weighing only 9 pounds, you will never feel any discomfort while working with this lightweight circular saw.
A powerful 15-amp motor keeps the working smooth and the 7-1/4″ carbide-tipped blade provides a splinter-free finish. The beveling angles have a preset setting at 22.5° and 45° and the saw twists to a maximum of 55°. To provide good stability, the unit has a magnesium shoe that maintains its balance and cancels out any excess vibrations.
With a 3-year warranty, the Porter-Cable circular saw is worth every penny spent. The unit has a good quality finish and has ample plastic protection for both the user and the machine. The spindle-lock-adjust mechanism makes blade changes convenient. The aux handle provides good comfort, clear line of sight and quick adjustments for different depth cuts.
We won’t say that the machine is perfect, and believe that adding a laser sighting system would provide more value to the customer. But overall, this is a cool mid-range machine for serious works.
6. DEWALT 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Electric Brake
- Lightweight and compact 15A (Ampere) saw delivers power for the toughest applications
- This product is manufactured in China
- This product meets customer requirement
At 8.8 pounds and measuring only 7.2 inches, the Dewalt circular is a compact and lightweight tool. For everyday use, construction activities and industrial applications, this tool is a must-have for every worker.
However, do not let its lightweight and compact size fool you; the unit delivers an astounding 5,100 rpm of power. Also, it has an integrated dust blower for a clear line of sight and a 57° bevel capacity with presets at 22.5° and 45°.
Built for easy usage, the patented 15-amp motor is sturdy and provides even power to the blade for a splinter-free finish. This circular saw has a patented cord that provides three times resistance to pullouts and an ergonomic handle for all cutting positions. The blades can cut up to a depth of 2.5″ at 90° and 1.9″ at 45°. The Dewalt circular saw has an aluminum base for safe and accurate cuts.
The entire unit comprises a 7-1/4″ carbide-tipped blade, wrench, circular saw, user manual, and a carry case. Overall, the unit is good but a rip guide and laser-sighting mechanism would make this product much more superior in value.
7. Rockwell Ultra-Compact Circular Saw with Laser Guide
- Powerful, 4.0 amp, multi-functional, ultra-compact circular saw
- Cuts wide variety of materials such as tile, wood, sheet metal, plastics, flooring, and more. No-Load Speed- 3,500 rpm
- Ergonomic design with slim grip handle improves comfort and enhances grip and control – guide with just one hand!
The Rockwell RK3440K Versacut is only 3.4 pounds in weight and has a mountain of features to offer to users. The circular saw has laser sighting, dust extraction attachment, ergonomic handle, press guard, depth adjustment, and comes in a compact size. Often these are the things that a prospective customer would look when picking a saw straight from the rack.
Built for cutting materials like tiles, wood, plastics, sheet metal, floorings, etc. the Rockwell Versacut delivers 3,500 rpm under no-load. The ergonomic handle makes it easy to hold and the 4-amp motor works through your work like a breeze. This is not a heavy-duty circular saw but is a brilliant performer in its class with competitive pricing.
The unit comes with a 24T carbide-tipped blade, one 44T HSS blade, and one diamond blade. Each of them is for different applications that involve precision. The maximum cutting depth is 1-1/16 inches for a 3-3/8-inch blade size. However, this circular saw does not have a bevel angle setting and can only cut vertically.
And that is what one would like to see in such a small machine if it is not much to ask. If this machine could accommodate angular cutting, then it would have been just a ‘great’ tool showcased in the market.
8. WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2″ Compact Circular Saw
- Cut 2x4's in a single pass with an easily maneuverable compact saw that weighs 50% less than a traditional 7-1/4" circular saw
- Thin blade makes for less tool strain, resulting in full size circular saw cutting speed and performance.Blade Size 4.5 inches. No-Load Speed 3500/rpm
- Easy-set depth gauge lever and 0-45-degree bevel settings for quick adjustments. The WORXSAW is substantial enough to cut through nominal 2 inch lumber, yet light enough for the DIY'er to easily and comfortably maneuver. Cut wood, metal, tile or plastic with ease
If you have many DIY projects that need sawing, then the Worx Worxsaw is the one for you. Built for domestic use, the Worx circular saw does a decent job of reducing your work. The standard 7-1/4″ saw can cut twice the material in a single pass and can be maneuvered with ease.
Weighing only 4.4 pounds, the tool can accommodate a blade of 4.5″ and has a speed of 3,500 rpm in no-load conditions. The 24T carbide-tipped blade can cut through metal, wood, tile, plastic and composite materials. Suitable for one-handed operation, the saw has a 0-45° bevel cutting system and can make angular cuts.
The left-side blade design is a thoughtful touch for better visibility while working while the easy-set gauge-lever helps with cuts. The grip handle also has a safety trigger for control and safety. The Worx Worxsaw, 24T Carbide-tipped blade, vacuum adapter, Allen key, parallel guide, and user manual make up the complete kit.
Available with a 3-year warranty, the Worx circular saw is a decent everyday tool for domestic and industrial applications.
9. TECCPO Professional Circular Saw
- 【HIGH-EFFICIENT& POWERFUL】 10Amp motor delivers 5800 revolutions per minute for greater speed and faster cuts to make sure users finish work efficiently.
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT &WELL-BALANCED】 6.57 pounds and rubber grip reduce operational fatigue and it is well -balanced when operating.
- 【ADJUSTABLE & PRECISE】 Adjustable bevel cutting from 45° ( 1-13/16” ) to 90° ( 2-7/16” ) . A scale ruler and scale ruler lock enhance accuracy.
Are you looking for a powerful, lightweight and efficient circular saw for professional use? Then, the Teccpo Professional circular saw is the right fit for you. Known for its versatility, this tool is a well-known professionals’ tool in the market for cutting tough surfaces.
Equipped with a 10-amp motor, the circular saw delivers 5,800 rpm for a smooth finish, precision cuts, and faster runs. This tool is geared for efficiency and therefore a must-have for every carpenter, mason or householder. The unit has an adjustable bevel cutting arrangement that allows a 45° and 90° cut of 1-13/16″ and 2-7/16″ respectively.
Safety is one of the key factors that stand out in this tool with the pivoting lower guard. As soon as the safety trigger is pressed, it lowers and protects the user. The handles have rubber grips with perforated grip-profiles for maximum comfort.
The Teccpo Professional circular saw has a heavy gauge iron base that provides a very stable base. Stability is one of the desirable traits that professionals look for in power tools for work free from vibrations.
Though it weighs only 6.5 pounds, the user must exert enough down-pressure while working on vertical surfaces. Due to the heavy base, there is always a chance of undesired movement that can ruin a straight cut.
10. GALAX PRO Circular Saw
- POWERFUL SAW: 10A powerful pure copper motor generates no load speed 5800RPM to slice through laminate flooring, wood, plastics, PVC pipe and plaster board at ease
- BEVEL & MITRE CUTS: Not limited to making 0 degree cuts, the GALAX Circular Saw has multiple bevel and mitre angles(0-45°), affording you the option of making your desired joint-forming cuts
- ADJUSTABLE CUTTING DEPTH: This circular saw has a depth adjustment lever that releases to allow for adjustment of the saw's base plate, perfect for plumbing applications such as taking up old floorboards. Max cutting depth is 2-1/2" at 90°and max cutting depth is 1-5/8" at 45°
Compact, lightweight and powerful are three words to describe the Galaxy PRO 10A circular saw. With a 10-amp motor, this powerful machine uses 1200W and delivers 5,800 rpm.
This circular saw has a bevel adjustment of 45° and 90° with 2-1/2″ and 1-5/8″ depth cutting capabilities. With the depth adjustment lever, this circular saw is suitable for the plumbing and household floorboard work. Apart from 90° cuts, the saw is capable of making miter cuts for forming joints in pipes and laminate structures.
Equipped with a dust blower, and a parallel guide, this circular saw provides a clean cut with good visibility. Although it delivers a splinter-free cut, the circular saw does not have a laser-sighting system. If such a system were available, then the Galaxy Pro would have been a superior power tool.
However, this power tool does not help in cutting metal. But carpenters and people who work with wood will have a delightful time with this saw.
Equipped with a 24T carbide-tipped blade, the Galaxy Pro Circular saw is a good addition to your toolset. Available with a limited warranty of 2 years, this circular saw is a good investment.
11. Meterk 1800w Circular Saw
- LASER GUIDE FOR CUT: Circular saw guided by laser with the ruler make the cutting more straight, accurate and professional. Red Laser guide for clear recognize. (Warms Tips: The laser guide powered by cells, package comes with 2 Pcs cells )
- POWERFUL MOTOR & 2 BLADES: 15Amp 1800w High Performance copper motor delivers full-size performance at 4700RPM, easy to to wood, plastics, plaster board, PVC pipe and more. 190*20*2 mm Cutting Blades: 24 Teeth Blade and 40 Teeth Blade. Easy to change the blade with plus hex wrench.
- FLEXIBLE 90° & 45° BEVEL CUTTING: Adjustable cutting angle-The maximum depth of cut at 90 ° is from 0 to 67mm and bevel capacity at 45 °, from 0 to 45mm. A parallel guide attachment ensures straight, precise cuts easily and quickly.
For heavy-duty works that require ultra-precise cuts, the Meterk Circular Saw is a perfect choice. Though it weighs only 8.6 pounds, the laser sighting equipped saw gives you a clean splinter-free finish. The unit comes with one 24T and one 40T carbide-tipped blade, a hex wrench, and bevel adjustments.
Equipped with a 15-amp motor, the Meterk circular saw delivers 4,700 rpm that gives you a clean cut. The laser-sighting system along with the parallel guide helps to maintain accuracy and avoids splinters. The bevel adjustments allow 45mm cuts at 45° and 67mm deep cuts at 90°.
The ergonomically designed power tool has a comfortable hold with good safety features. Equipped with a double safety switch and aluminum guard, the power tool operation is always safe.
The Meterk circular saw has a sawdust outlet that can be connected directly to a vacuum cleaner. Overall, the unit offers great performance with its copper motor and guide rails. However, there are powerful motors in the market that deliver a higher rpm for the same power rating.
This circular saw comes recommended because of its agility, ease-to-use, and last but not the least, its reasonable pricing. If you are working with wood with no metals involved, then this tool can be your right pick.
If you are about to buy a circular saw and still feel overwhelmed with too many options available in the market, then you should consider the following points.
Know your needs before opting for any circular saw. For example, if you are looking to fix indoor problems or have a DIY project, then choose a lightweight tool. A small and affordable power tool will give you the same result as that of an expensive one; hence invest wisely.
There are many features like laser sighting, guide rails, safety triggers, etc. that a circular saw comes equipped with. However, not all saws have this range of features. So, choose a power tool that includes even a few yet important features to ensure accuracy while working.
Corded and Cordless
Know that corded circular saws will always show their power rating in Amps, while cordless ones show Volts. The higher the ampere and voltage rating, the more the power delivery will be. Also, cordless circular saws will always need a stock of batteries, hence choose according to working conditions. If there is an electrical supply near your location, choose a corded circular saw. Though a bit messy and tedious to handle, corded saws are economical and last for a long time.
Choose a circular saw that has beveling capability. Beveling adjustments help to cut your work in angles without additional attachment. This is often beneficial while making joints in laminar or circular workpieces.
Having electric brakes in a circular saw is a great safety feature. Electric brakes reverse the flow of current in a motor, thus bringing the saw to a quick halt. Apart from this, the unit must have proper covering, blade guard (if possible) and proper grip. All these features enable a user to hold and operate the circular saw with confidence.
Types from technical and application point of view
There are many types of circular saws like Worm-Drive, Sidewinder, Cordless, Trim saw, etc.
- Worm-Drive saw
The worm-drive saw delivers instant torque as the blade is in line with the motor. Such a circular saw is used for cutting wet lumber or things that require power.
- Sidewinder saw
When the blade is fitted beside the motor, it makes the circular saw very lightweight! The unit often uses helical or ‘sidewinders’ to increase torque at the same time to reduce weight. However, such power tools are a little expensive as they compete with worm-drive saws and yet remain lightweight.
- Trim Saw
As the name suggests, trim saws are used for finishing works and usually have a blade range of 3 ½ to 412 inches.
Ease in Adjustment
Blade changes, changing angles, positions, and other aspects should be easy when handling a circular saw. Levers and knobs must be included for such adjustments so that it increases your productivity at work. In other words, the circular saw must be adaptable to your work demands.
The list for ‘the perfect circular saw’ can go on and on, if two professionals would sit to write the essentials, it may take a week. Hence, to avoid confusion, we provide the above points as a premise for domestic and professional uses. When you are buying a circular saw, you should ensure that the power tool has safety aspects necessary for work as well as user’s protection.
Next, look for the feel and ergonomics; you need not only feel the comfort but also a good hold while working. Lastly, take care of not overspending in the hyped market. After all, having an all-expensive circular tool for occasional work doesn’t make sense. You can sharpen a circular saw blades yourself using a file.
Among the best circular saws mentioned in the list, we have picked the DEWALT 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw as our winner for today. It is a versatile tool offering users a good value for money. This circular saw has impressive safety features followed by its strong functionality. Apart from this, the Dewalt circular saw offers superior comfort during long working hours. The efficiency is commendable along with superior finish; Dewalt stands out as one of the versatile circular saws available in the market. We would recommend this tool if you were looking for a long-term, portable, and safe circular saw as your working companion.