While traditional corded vacuums allow you to work for longer and generally offer more power, cordless vacs are undeniably more convenient and can be a great option when you need to fight a daily battle against animal hair and other pet-related mess.
If you have pets and want to invest in one but are having trouble choosing, here are our top picks for the best cordless vacuum for pet hair from the market to help you make up your mind.
At a Glance: Top 7 Cordless Vacuums for Pet Hair On the Market
Best Overall : Tineco A11 Cordless Vacuum
“It boasts a dual-battery system that can give you up to an hour of vacuuming time.”
Best Budget: Shark XF769 Cordless Vacuum
“Gets consistently positive reviews and costs less than $100.”
Best Upgrade: Dyson V10 Animal Cordless Vacuum
“As you would expect from a Dyson, it is a very powerful vacuum cleaner.”
Best Handheld: BISSELL 2390A Cordless Vacuum
“It includes a motorized brush tool, an upholstery tool, and a crevice tool, which are all useful for picking up pet hair.”
Best Lightweight: BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH Cordless Vacuum
“With the stick vacuum head attachment, it can also be used as a traditional vacuum rather than a handheld unit.”
Best With Accessories: Dyson V6 Animal Cordless Vacuum
“It incorporates a direct-drive cleaner head that drives the bristles deeper into carpets.”
Best Convenient: Bissell Air Ram Cordless Vacuum
“ It features swivel steering, making it easy to maneuver, and it also has a low profile, allowing you to vacuum underneath furniture.”
Best Cordless Pet Vacuum Comparison Chart 2020
Tineco A11 Cordless Vacuums for Pet Hair
Shark XF769 Cordless Pet Vacuum
Dyson V10 Animal Cordless Pet Vacuum
Bissell 2390A Cordless Vacuums for Pet Hair
BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH Pet Vacuum
Dyson V6 Animal Cordless Pet Vacuum
Bissell 1984 Cordless Vacuums for Pet Hair
The Best cordless vacuum for pet hair On the Market of 2020
1. Best Overall: Tineco A11 Cordless Vacuum
- High performance cordless vacuum for whole home use featuring a 450W motor and up to 120W of suction power for deep, thorough cleaning on any floor surface.
- Includes 2 Full Size LED Power Brushes, specifically designed to clean hard floors and carpets. Effectively picks up all types of pet hair.
- Long-lasting battery delivers up to 50 minutes of uninterrupted runtime. A11 MASTER+ model includes 2 detachable batteries.
If you need a mobile cordless vacuum that is a viable alternative to a heavier, bulkier corded version and that is also great for dealing with pet hair, this could be the one you’re looking for.
One of the main problems with many corded vacuums – and one of the reasons some people still opt for corded units – is that they often have very limited battery life. But not so with this model.
It boasts a dual-battery system that can give you up to an hour of vacuuming time, plenty for completing almost any cleaning job.
It also delivers an impressive amount of suction power – and as pet owners will know, this is vital if you have animals in your home since pet hair is among the most stubborn things to clean.
One of the best things about this vacuum is how versatile it is. It comes with a range of accessories, and it can also be converted from upright mode to handheld mode for extra mobility. If you need to clean stairs or in other hard-to-reach spots, it’s ideal.
The accessories include a special hair cleaning tool, again important if you live with pets, and it also comes with two brushes for use on different surfaces, again giving you an extra level of versatility.
Another adaptation that makes it good for households with pets is the four-stage filter. This works to trap almost all microparticles, dust and allergens inside, greatly reducing pet-related allergic reactions.
There’s so much to like about this vacuum and very little to dislike. One gripe would be that the dust canister is a little on the small side. Even though the battery allows you to work for up to an hour, you might find you need to stop to empty it before the battery dies.
Also, and another minor point, the instructions for the accessories are a little lacking, and it would have been better with clearer explanations for how to use each one.
However, despite these minor concerns, this is still an exceptional cordless vacuum on the market. It has the battery life and power to replace a corded unit as your main machine and is ideal in homes with pets. A highly recommended option.
What We Like
- Long battery life – 2 batteries let you work for up to an hour
- Strong power – enough suction to deal with stubborn pet hair
- Includes lots of accessories – including hair cleaning tool for pets
- 4-stage filtration – helps trap allergens inside
- Converts to handheld mode – for extra versatility and mobility
What We Don’t Like
- Small dust canister – will need to empty it often in larger houses
- Instructions for accessories are lacking – could have been more detailed
2. Best Budget: Shark XF769
- A three-pack of replacement filters for your Shark vacuum. Filters are housed within the dust cup.
- Fits SV75 SV769 and SV780 models
- Comes in new Purple packaging
If you are looking for something to help in the daily battle against pet hair and you prefer a model from the more affordable end of the price range, this dedicated Pet-Perfect cordless vacuum from Shark could be worth checking out.
It boasts a powerful motorized brush for deep cleaning that does an excellent job of removing all the stubborn pet hair from your carpet.
For a unit at this price point and of this size, it also delivers plenty of power, easily sucking up debris and hair from your floors or other surfaces.
We like that it’s compact and lightweight enough to make it easy to use, but it also includes a range of accessories that make it highly versatile. For example, there’s a crevice tool for cleaning between gaps and a dusting brush that’s ideal for more delicate surfaces.
The other big positive is the price tag since it is a very affordable unit – this vacuum represents great value for money in the market.
On the downside, battery life is not as long as you might hope. This is the kind of vacuum you can use for smaller jobs, but you won’t be able to use it to clean your whole house on a single charge.
Also, it can occasionally become blocked with pet hair, which you will have to remove manually – although this is a common issue that many vacuums share.
All in all, a great option if you want a smaller, handheld cordless vacuum that gets the job done. It is inexpensive, and for this level of performance, it gives you a great bang for your buck. If these are the qualities you are looking for, this vac could be worth considering.
If you are interested in Shark Vacuums, you can read our post: Best Shark Vacuum On The Market
What We Like
- Lightweight and mobile – easy for anyone to use
- Deep cleaning capability – with a powerful motorized brush
- Includes useful accessories – including crevice tool and more
- Good suction – decent power for something in this class
- Very reasonable price tag – represents great value for money
What We Don’t Like
- Battery life – doesn’t last as long as you might hope
- Can clog quite easily with pet hair – needs to be pulled out manually
3. Best Cordless Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair: Dyson V10
- Powerful suction to deep clean everywhere. 55% more suction than the Dyson V7.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools designed to deep clean your whole home.
Dyson is known as one of the market leaders when it comes to high-end, innovative vacuums on the market. The company’s products are reputed for their high levels of performance, and this model is no exception.
As you would expect from a Dyson, it is a very powerful vacuum cleaner. Furthermore, it has three power settings, allowing you to go easy when you can but crank it up when required. When dealing with stubborn pet hair, this unit has the power to meet the challenge.
Despite the power it delivers, this vac is extremely lightweight and portable – so much so that even kids will be able to use it comfortably.
One thing we like is the way it can quickly be converted to handheld mode. This gives you the option of cleaning floors in upright mode before switching to a more mobile configuration for vacuuming stairs, furniture and other areas that call for more mobility.
The instant release trigger is also a useful inclusion. With cordless vacuums, battery life is always an issue, and the inclusion of this trigger ensures you are only using up power while you are cleaning, helping conserve the battery.
However, despite this feature, some people may still find the battery doesn’t last long enough. While it gives you enough time to take care of smaller jobs, you probably won’t be able to finish the whole house on a single charge.
Also, the dust canister is on the small side and can fill up relatively quickly – especially if you live in an environment with lots of pet hair.
This is an unashamedly expensive vacuum on the market, but you have to expect to pay more for top-of-the-range equipment. If you want a unit with superior power and performance levels – and are willing to pay to get your hands on it – this Dyson vacuum should be on your radar.
What We Like
- Very powerful – like all Dyson vacuums
- Lightweight and practical – even children can use it
- Converts easily to handheld mode – for extra versatility and mobility
- Instant release trigger – helps to conserve battery
- 3 power modes – to deliver more suction when you need it
What We Don’t Like
- Battery life – not enough to use as a main vac
- Fills quickly – especially when there’s lots of hair to pick up
4. Best Cordless Handheld Vacuum for Pet Hair: BISSELL 2390A
- Buy Bissell, save pets; Bissell will donate 5 dollars for each pet hair eraser Li Ion purchase, upon activation
- Remove more embedded dirt and pet hair with a motorized brush tool and lithium ion battery
- 14V lithium ion battery for lithium powered cleaning; Dirt cup capacity: 0.7 Litres
We are big fans of Bissell’s vacuums. This is a company that has made a name producing reliable products that give you great quality compared to the price tag – and this dedicated pet hair vacuum sticks to that tradition.
For a compact and affordable unit, it boasts a good amount of power. It will easily pick up even some of the more stubborn animal hair and other pet-related mess in your home.
We also like the relatively large 0.7l dust canister – this means you can keep on cleaning for longer without needing to stop to empty it out. It’s also easy to empty when it gets full, and being bagless, you don’t need to worry about buying replacement bags each time.
One thing that makes this unit particularly suitable for pet owners is the range of tools it comes with.
These include a motorized brush tool, an upholstery tool, and a crevice tool, which are all useful for picking up pet hair from your carpets and furniture – as well as all kinds of other dirt and grime.
It also boasts triple-level filtration, again, very welcome for pet owners since it helps trap dust and allergens inside, reducing the causes of pet-related allergic reactions.
Unfortunately, as with many other cordless vacuums on the market, this unit’s battery life is not as long as you might hope. While it’s fine for small jobs, you won’t be able to clean your whole home on a single charge.
Also, the battery is not replaceable, so when it comes to the end of its life after a few years, you will have to replace the whole vacuum.
This is the kind of model that will appeal to anyone who wants something to help keep pet hair under control as well as dealing with other occasional vacuuming jobs. If that’s what you want, this efficient unit could be worth a look.
What We Like
- Powerful vac – picks up hair and other pet-related mess
- Large dust canister – at 0.7l, plenty of volume for extended cleaning
- Easy-to-empty system – dispose of waste quickly and effortlessly
- Includes useful tools for pets – upholstery tool, motorized tool and more
- Triple-level filtration system – helps trap dust and allergens inside
What We Don’t Like
- Battery life not long enough – but ok for smaller jobs
- Battery not replaceable – when it dies, the vacuum dies
5. Best Cordless Vacuum for Hardwood Floors and Pet Hair: BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH
- Cordless, portable & ultra compact ,dustbowl capacity 18.9 ounce
- 4ft Flexible Hose Easily Reaches Tight Spots, High Shelves & More; 3 Stage filtration system prevents dust and debris from escaping
- Stick Vac Floor Head Converts Device For Larger Cleaning Jobs. Suction Power : 24 AW
This highly versatile vacuum from Black+Decker is a great tool to have around the home to take care of small to medium cleaning jobs – and would be especially useful for pet owners.
It is extremely lightweight and compact, making it a great unit to own as a backup for a larger, heavier corded vac. With the stick vacuum head attachment, it can also be used as a traditional vacuum rather than a handheld unit.
As well as the stick attachment, it also includes several other useful accessories. Of particular interest to pet owners is the pet hairbrush that’s ideal for sucking up stubborn pet hair from furniture and other surfaces.
It also includes a 2-in-1 nozzle and a handy long crevice tool that give it even more versatility. We also like the 4ft flexible hose that allows you to reach the more inaccessible places you might need to clean.
It has a three-stage filtration system, important in homes with pets since it helps suck up and trap pet-related allergens inside. The filter and the dust bowl are washable, so there’s no need to buy replacements when it fills up.
Another positive is the short charging time – from empty, this vac is fully-charged and ready to go after only four hours, reducing the time you need to wait in between uses.
The biggest drawback is the amount of noise it makes sense it’s among the louder models available. The battery life is also a little disappointing, and you won’t be able to work for long periods on a single charge.
This is an ideal option for pet owners who want a versatile cordless vac that will help in the daily battle against pet hair and other pet-related mess. It’s reasonably priced on the market and gets the job done with no fuss. Another recommended option.
What We Like
- Lightweight and compact – a highly practical tool
- Includes several useful accessories – including a dedicated pet hairbrush
- 3-stage filtration – helps reduce pet-related allergic reactions
- Washable bowl and filter – no need to buy replacements
- Short charging time – recharges in only 4 hours
What We Don’t Like
- Loud machine – not a great pick if you are sensitive to noise
- Short battery life when charged – can’t be used for extended periods
6.Best With Accessories: Dyson V6 Animal Cordless Vacuum
- 150% More Brush Bar Power
- Cord-free. Hassle-free.
- Up to 20 minutes of continuous suction. Trigger releases instantly. Battery power is only used for cleaning.
This is another cordless vacuum from Dyson, this time, the V6 Animal. It is a slightly smaller and less powerful vacuum than the V10 we’ve already looked at, but it still boasts many of the same advanced features you would expect from a Dyson vacuum.
As with the V10, one of the biggest positives is the amount of suction power it can deliver. It also has a maximum power setting, delivering extreme suction for a short time when you need to deal with the toughest, most encrusted dirt or stubborn pet hair.
It incorporates a direct-drive cleaner head that drives the bristles deeper into carpets, giving you an even more thorough clean, and there’s also a special mini motorized tool that’s ideal for picking up animal fur.
We like the way it can be converted into a convenient handheld mode, and the fade-free battery gives you full power until the battery is empty. It also features a trigger operation system that helps conserve power.
However, a fully charged battery will only give you under 20 minutes of operation – and under five in max power mode. This might not be enough if you want to use it to clean more than one room on one charge.
Also, the dust canister is small and will need to be emptied often, especially if you have pets.
This is a vacuum that is designed for smaller jobs rather than for extended use. If you want something that is great at picking up pet hair and any other mess and don’t mind paying extra for a top-end product, this could be an ideal option.
However, if you want a cordless vacuum from the market to clean your whole house on a single charge, you would probably be better off looking elsewhere.
If you are interested in Dyson vacuums, you can read our post: Best Dyson Vacuum On The Market
What We Like
- Big power – as is standard with Dyson vacuums
- Trigger control – helps conserve battery
- Fade-free operation – gives consistent power right till the end
- Converts to handheld mode – for extra convenience
- Direct-drive cleaner head – gives a deeper, more thorough clean
What We Don’t Like
- Short battery life – especially on maximum setting
- Small canister – needs to be emptied often, especially if you have pets
7. Best Convenient: Bissell Air Ram Cordless Vacuum
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Lightweight & Compact. This cordless powerhouse weighs less than 8 pounds and has a collapsible handle for easy storage.
- Powerful Multi-Surface Cleaning. Innovative power foot design and multi-surface brush roll delivers high performance cleaning on hard floors and carpets.
This is a highly convenient cordless vacuum from Bissell. It features swivel steering, making it easy to maneuver, and it also has a low profile, allowing you to vacuum underneath furniture.
It’s a powerful unit, especially for a cordless model – it has plenty of suction to pick up pet hair and other stubborn mess from your floors.
One important positive is the long battery life. Many cordless vacs can only be used for short periods before they need recharging, but this one can run for over 40 minutes on a single charge.
It’s suitable for use on almost any surface, and we also like the bright LED headlights that illuminate the area you are vacuuming.
On the downside, the build quality is slightly inferior – for the price, you might hope for something a little sturdier. Also, it struggles a little when cleaning along walls, and you might find you need to sweep dirt away from walls before cleaning.
Overall, we like this vacuum for its power, its mobility, and its long battery life. If those are important qualities for you, then this could be a great option on the market.
What We Like
- Good battery life – can run for over 40 minutes on a full charge
- Powerful suction – impressive strength for a cordless model
- Swivel steering – and also good for cleaning underneath furniture
- LED headlights – helps you see what you are vacuuming
- Suitable for most surfaces – works well on hard floors and carpets
What We Don’t Like
- Build quality doesn’t match the price tag – although the performance is solid
- Not great at cleaning along walls – may need to sweep debris away
Best cordless vacuum for pet hair Buying Guide
If you want to buy a cordless vacuum to help keep your home pet hair-free, you’ll probably be wondering about the most important factors to consider when choosing. Let’s have a look at some of these now.
If you are looking for a vacuum that’s suitable for a home with pets, power is a major concern. Pet hair can be extremely stubborn and difficult to suck up, and buying a vacuum from the market with enough power is vital.
Many cordless vacs are not as powerful as corded versions, so make sure the one you choose has enough suction power to do the job.
Pet hair accessories
Since pet hair is so notoriously difficult to pick up, choosing a vacuum from the market with special pet hair attachments can be a good idea. Look out for things like motorized pet hair tools or similar that will make the job easier.
Battery life and charging time
One of the biggest problems with cordless vacuums is that the battery life is sometimes very short and often doesn’t give you enough time to finish the work before you need to recharge.
If you only need a vacuum for occasional short cleaning jobs, you might not need extra-long battery life, but if you hope to clean for longer, make sure you choose a vacuum that will allow you to do so.
Also, pay attention to charging time. If a vacuum has short battery life, this may be mitigated by having a shorter charging time since this will mean you won’t have to wait so long in between uses.
Mobility and maneuverability
Another advantage of going cordless is that these vacuums are less bulky than corded versions and give you more mobility and maneuverability.
Important features that make a vacuum more convenient to use include swivel steering, the ability to convert to handheld mode, overall weight, etc. – so you should pay attention to factors such as these when choosing.
Many solid options to choose from
As you can see, when it comes to cordless vacuums, there are many solid options to choose from. If you have decided to go for the convenience of cordless but don’t know which model to buy from the market, any of our top picks would be a great place to start looking.