Is your childhood reminiscent of the countless hours you spent building the LEGO bricks? Many of the lopsided structures, built as a cheerful passage of time, are reminders of the beautiful memories we have. Be it summer or rainy days, LEGO is a part of our childhood, thanks to the fun-experience it gives.
With time, LEGOs have undergone many changes and incorporated complex designs too. Today, Lego collections range from small to complex sets worthy of being a collectors’ item. Many of the rare Lego sets are worth a fortune provide great ROI on investments.
Today, we look at some of the coolest and best Lego sets in the market, compare them and know more about them. So, without further ado, let’s find out the most interactive Lego set.
Best Lego Sets Comparison Chart 2021
Number of Pieces
LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle
15.04 x 10.32 x 2.78 inches
LEGO Marvel Avengers Iron Man Hall of Armor
15.04 x 10.32 x 2.78 inches
LEGO Marvel Avengers
21.26 x 11.1 x 3.09 inches
LEGO Ideas Tree House Building Kit
22.91 x 18.9 x 4.88 inches
LEGO City Space Mars Research Shuttle
11.1 x 10.32 x 2.99 inches
LEGO Creator 3in1 Pirate Roller Coaster
21.26 x 11.1 x 3.58 inches
LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Great Hall
18.9 x 14.88 x 2.78 inches
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Avengers
18.9 x 14.88 x 3.7 inches
LEGO City Space Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control
18.9 x 14.88 x 3.7 inches
THE LEGO MOVIE 2 The Rexcelsior
22.91 x 14.88 x 4.65 inches
LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Express
21.26 x 11.1 x 3.09 inches
Best Lego Sets Reviews for Boys 2021
1. LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle, 962 Pieces
- Builders of all ages will enjoy completing this advanced building set! The detailed ship in a bottle also includes a LEGO brick stand to display it proudly. This is the perfect model for older kids and adults who love miniature model ships!
- This expert model boat building set is built with 962 pieces and features a buildable cork and wax seal element, ship with a captain’s quarters, cannons, mast, crow’s nest, sails and flag, and a display stand with a nameplate.
- This nautical collectible building toy includes a display stand so builders can proudly show their creation. It also comes with an instruction booklet about the set’s fan creator and LEGO designers. Builders will love this miniature model ship build.
The LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle 21313 Expert Building Kit is one of a kind and suitable for all age groups. As the name suggests, the final design gives the view of a ship within a bottle using Lego bricks.
The Lego kit is clever as it is easy to build but maintains a level of difficulty to keep it interesting for adults. Spread across 167 steps divided into 4 stages, the Lego set has a novel yet exciting complexity with graphical instructions.
The Lego ship kit has a 962-piece collection and is one of the largest piece-sets in the market. It is available with a buildable cork, ship with canons, captains’ quarters, sails, crow’s nest, flag, wax seal, a nameplate and a display stand. Perfect for display purposes, the nautical Lego set is a collector’s item too.
Compatible with all Lego construction sets for creative building, the overall set has a dimension of 15 x 10.3 x 2.8 inches. The set is creative, interactive and unusual to build; however, the details of the ship feel less pronounced.
2. LEGO Marvel Avengers Iron Man Hall of Armor (524 Pieces)
- Build Tony Stark's Iron Man Hall of Armor with a rotating podium, detachable modules that can be combined and stacked in many different ways, plus a posable Igor Suit mech with minifigure cockpit and mobile robot toy
- This fun Marvel building toy includes 5 minifigures: Iron Man MK 1, Iron Man MK 5, Iron Man MK 41 and Iron Man MK 50 (plus Tony Stark face and hair elements to attach to your chosen Iron Man suit) and 2 Outrider action figures
- Iron Man Hall of Fame lab measures over 5 inches (13cm) high, 13 inches (35cm) wide and 6 inches (17cm) deep with modules in standard formation; Igor Suit Mech measures over 3 inches (9cm) high, 1 inches (5cm) long and 3 inches (9cm) wide
The 524-piece LEGO Marvel Avengers Iron Man Hall of Armor 76125 Building Kit is a progressive fun pack. Designed especially for Marvel fans, Lego brings a good recreation of fantasy and fun.
The Lego Iron Man kit has an array of items including a rotating podium and a mobile robot toy. One of the few versatile attempts from Lego, this kit is known for its creative building design in the market. Adapted for a progressive and entertaining experience, the kit has detachable modules for different combinations and stacking options.
Apart from the above, the kit also has a posable Igor suitmech with a miniature cockpit and two Outrider action figures. It also includes 5 Minifigures namely – Iron Man MK1, MK5, MK41, and MK50 along with Tony Stark face with hair.
And, the fun doesn’t stop there; the set also has a desk with translucent-blue screen, Minifigure chair, and cup elements. To provide a much more realistic scene, it also includes a kitchen module with a buildable smoothie maker.
Children from age 7 onward can enjoy building weapon storage, stud shooter, power-up jetpack and energy beam elements too. The set also has an impressive tool storage module with a wrench, Iron Man suits module, radar, safety-barrier elements, and fire extinguisher with flame elements.
Including a much more detailed facemask to body ratio can improve the overall feel of the set. This is one small flaw that can be improved by Lego in future sets.
3. LEGO Marvel Avengers (838 Pieces)
- Build the Avengers Ultimate Quinjet model, with an opening minifigure cockpit, passenger compartment, 2 stud shooters, fold-out 6-stud rapid shooter and a stud-shooting trike, then launch into battle!
- This superhero playset includes 6 minifigures: Black Widow, Hawkeye, Rocket and Thor, all with new-for-March-2019 Avengers team suit decoration, plus 2 Chitauri
- Ultimate Quinjet superhero vehicle measures over 4-inch (12cm) high, 15-inch (40cm) long and 11-inch (28cm) wide
Recreate the Quinjet from the Marvel Comics Universe with the new LEGO Marvel Avengers: Avengers Ultimate Quinjet 76126 Building Kit. Suitable for kids above 8 years of age, this collector’s item has different, exciting attachments.
Available with a total dimension of 21.3×11.1 x3.1 inches, the 3-pound Lego kit transforms into a Quinjet with 838 pieces. An opening minifigure cockpit, 2 stud shooters, passenger compartment, fold-out 6-stud rapid shooter and a stud-shooting trike makes up a part of the set.
Since the experience cannot be complete without the presence of MCU characters, the set also has iconic figures included. Black Widow, Hawkeye, Rocket, Thor, 2 Chitauri characters and all with new-for-March-2019 Avengers team suit decoration makes up the assemblage too.
Bringing back the feel, adventure experience and fantasy of the first Avengers cinematic movie, the Quinjet set is quite exciting to build.
Children can either play with it or use as a beautiful display figure on your desk. However, the bricks are small and can be misplaced easily. Therefore, proper attention is a must to maintain the complete set.
4. LEGO Ideas Tree House Building Kit (3036 Pieces)
- Challenge advanced LEGO builders and inspire role-play fun with this highly detailed LEGO Tree House, featuring 3 cabins, a tree with interchangeable summer and fall leaves and play-inspiring features including a crane, swing and a treasure chest
- This cool tree house toy playset includes 4 minifigures: mom, dad and 2 children, plus a bird figure
- Measures over 14” (37cm) high, 10” (27cm) wide and 9” (24cm) deep
Built for Lego builders, this role-play Lego set is an advanced one in the market. Builders can build a tree and treehouse with a total of 3036 pieces with this Lego set. It also has 180 botanical elements made from plant-based polyethylene plastic.
The LEGO Ideas 21318 Tree House Building Kit, 2019 is a great way to improve your concentration and building skills. Made to challenge advanced Lego builders, this set has a highly detailed treehouse. It has 3 cabins, a tree with interchangeable leaves. The leaves can depict summer and fall seasons along with a crane, swing and treasure chest.
It also includes a set of figures – a mother, a father and 2 children and a bird figure. Measuring 22.9 x 18.9 x 4.9 inches, this set weighs only 2.2 pounds.
Ideal for role-playing, this Lego set is suitable for children above 16 years and is a great gifting option. The only fear is that the 3036 pieces are small and maybe displaced or lost.
Meant as a cool collector’s item, the Lego tree kit is a wonderful way to pass time for Lego enthusiasts.
5. LEGO City Space Mars Research Shuttle (273 Pieces)
- Build an exciting space shuttle toy model that offers plenty of imaginative action possibilities and a Mars rover with articulated grappling arm to retrieve geodes!
- Includes 2 LEGO City Mars astronaut minifigures, plus a helidrone and storage drone
- Research shuttle measures over 3-inch (9cm) high, 9-inch (23cm) long and 8-inch (21cm) wide Mars rover measures over 1-inch (5cm) high, 2-inch (7cm) long and 2-inch (6cm) wide Helidrone measures over 1-inch (4cm) long and 1-inch (3cm) wide Storage drone measures over 1-inch (3cm) high and 1-inch (3cm) long Mars scenery build measures over 1-inch (3cm) wide
Children will have a fun time learning with the new LEGO City Space Mars Research Shuttle 60226 Space Shuttle Toy Building Kit. Available with Mars Rover and Astronaut Minifigures, this Lego set offers a wonderful learning experience.
The Lego set pieces to transform into an exciting space shuttle toy. Meant to inspire learning about space travel and cosmos, the Lego set is an expression of imagination for children. Weighing only
3.52 ounces, the set is a smaller version of the building Lego set.
The set comes with a Mars rover with an articulated grappling arm to emulate the action of retrieving geodes. The space shuttle toy also includes, 2 Lego city mars astronaut minifigures, a storage dome and a heliborne.
Measuring 11.1 x 10.3 x 3 inches, the shuttle Lego set has 273 pieces in total. Aimed to inspire children, this Lego set is suitable for children above 5+ years. Gift your children with a delightful experience of building their own toys with this Lego set.
6. LEGO Creator 3in1 Pirate Roller Coaster (923 Pieces)
- Build an exciting Pirate Roller Coaster with shark carriages, ticket booth, water drop and decorative pirate-themed props with this creative building set!
- This playset includes 4 minifigures, all ready for imaginative play and fairground fun, and a variety of creative building bricks that allow this 3in1 toy to be rebuilt as The Skull Ride or The Ship Ride
- Enjoy creative play assembling rails, cars and fun props for The Pirate Roller Coaster toy, which measures over 9-inch (24cm) high, 25-inch (66cm) wide and 12-inch (32cm) deep The Skull Ride measures over 5-inch (14cm) high, 13-inch (34cm) wide and 8-inch (21cm) deep The Ship Ride measures over 9-inch (24cm) high, 21-inch (54cm) long and 6-inch (16cm) deep
Bring home the experience and excitement of building your own roller coaster with the LEGO Creator 3in1 Pirate Roller Coaster 31084 Building Kit.
Emulating the feel of a theme park, the Pirate Roller Coaster Lego kit has 923 pieces in total to play with. Since this Lego set is a creator set, children from ages 9 to 14 can indulge themselves for a joyous time.
The 923-piece Lego set holds shark carriages, ticket booths, water drop and pirate-themed props to build. One of the famous themed-Lego sets in the market, the set comes with 4 Minifigures. Providing an exciting stimulation for imagination, the fairground playset is a 3-in-1 toy.
This 3-in-1 set can be broken down and rebuilt in two more setups as The Skull Ride or The Ship Ride. Children can assemble rails, props, cars and other elements to complete the set.
Weighing only 2.2 pounds, the set has a complete dimension of 21.3 x 11.1 x 3.6 inches only. The set is compatible with other original Lego construction set as well as Lego bricks for creative building.
However, a fun set to play with, the Lego set has a limited age bracket. Such a fun-packed set should have the potential to appeal to the collector segments too. This could be one of the disadvantages that can limit Lego lovers to buy this set.
7. LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Great Hall (878 Pieces)
- Expecto Patronum! The LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Great Hall is here. Complete with house banners, movable spiral staircase, potions room, treasure room, and magic items. A great addition to the LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts collection for any boy or girl!
- Hogwarts Great Hall includes 878 LEGO bricks and features 10 fantasy figures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Draco Malfoy, Susan Bones, Professor McGonagall, Hagrid, Albus Dumbledore and Nearly Headless Nick and Professor Quirrell
- Kids will love to play out their magical fantasy adventures, explore the spiral staircase, and interact with items and accessories like magic wands, the Sorting Hat, and magical creatures like Basilisk, Fawkes, Scabbers, and Hedwig
Cast a spell, recreate the magic and bring home the excitement of Hogwarts with the new Harry Potter Lego set. The LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Great Hall 75954 Building Kit and Magic Castle Toy is a fantasy and recreational toy.
Made up of 878 pieces, the Lego set has 10 fantasy characters. They include Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Nearly Headless Nick, Draco Malfoy, Professor McGonagall, Hermione Granger, Susan Bones, Hagrid, Albus Dumbledore, and Professor Quirrell.
Inspired from the first Harry Potter book and movie, the set also comes with a bunch of accessories. Magic wands, a Sorting Hat, and magical creatures like Fawkes, Scabbers, Basilisk, and Hedwig make up the rest of the set.
Create the feel of Hogwarts with a movable spiral staircase, house banners, potions room, treasure room, and magic items that are included in the set. It is a fantasy-adventure-fun set for children from ages, 8 to 14.
A perfect holiday gift, the Harry Potter Lego set is a perfect toy for castle building. This advanced collectible set is a great tool for the creative builder to hone their skills too. This happens to be one of the advanced, themed-Lego sets in the market for children.
However, the castle has fewer details and therefore disappoints a bit. If Lego could incorporate a bit more windows and more pieces for a bigger castle, the completed set would seem flawlessly picturesque.
8. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Avengers (1004 Pieces)
- Build a 3-level New York City building including the Sanctum Sanctorum with an Infinity Stone, pizzeria with fire extinguisher, Peter Parker’s apartment, window exploder functions and water tower
- This fun toy includes includes 5 Infinity War figures: an Iron Spider-Man figure, Iron Man figure, Doctor Strange figure and Ebony Maw figure, plus a big Cull Obsidian figure
- Sanctum Sanctorum measures over 11-inch (30cm) high, 7-inch (20cm) wide and 8-inch (21cm) deep
Inspired by the MCU, Lego has brought this incredibly detailed set to play for children from ages 8 to 14. Made from 1004 pieces, the Lego Infinity War Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown 76108 Building Kit is a cool masterpiece.
Similar to painting a landscape, this Marvel Lego set guarantees creative freedom to the max for children. The 1004-piece set can build a 3-level New York City building including the Sanctum Sanctorum with an Infinity Stone.
It also has a pizzeria, fire extinguisher, window exploder functions, water tower and Peter Parker’s apartment. The set includes 5 Infinity War figures- Iron Spider-Man, Iron Man, Doctor Strange and Ebony Maw and a big Cull Obsidian figures.
Weighing only 3.52 ounces, the product has an overall dimension of 18.9 x 14.9 x 3.7 inches. Compatible with LEGO Marvel Super Heroes playsets and other building sets, children will love this creative building experience.
One of the best ways to recreate the Marvel superhero excitement, this Lego set is truly a genius creative tool.
9. LEGO City Space Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control (837 Pieces)
- Build a large multi-stage rocket and opening launch control tower with interactive play experience, plus a monorail system to transport astronauts from the tower to the training grounds and rocket!
- Includes 6 LEGO City minifigures: 2 astronauts, 2 scientists, Launch Director, ground crew technician and a robot figure, plus a space telescope, rover with articulated arm and a launchpad
- Rocket standing measures over 16-inch (42cm) high, 4-inch (11cm) wide and 2-inch (6cm) deep Launch Control closed measures over 7-inch (18cm) high, 5-inch (13cm) wide and 5-inch (13cm) deep Launchpad with closed tower arms measures over 9-inch (24cm) high, 4-inch (12cm) wide and 4-inch (12cm) deep Monorail track measures over 3-inch (8cm) high,14-inch (36cm) long and 18-inch (47cm) wide
Play, build and learn about a rocket launching station through the Lego City Space Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control Building Kit. The 837-piece Lego set comes with a large multi-stage rocket and control tower for launch.
Meant to be an interactive NASA Lego toy, this set has a monorail system depicting the transportation of astronauts from various places. The monorail connects different places like tower, training grounds and launchpad.
The kit also includes 6 Lego Minifigures – 2 astronauts, 2 scientists, Launch Director, ground crew technician and a robot figure. Apart from this, the set includes a space telescope, rover with articulated arm and a rocket.
Manufactured with an aim to inspire young children of 7+ age groups, this Lego kit is an interactive way to teach children about space travel.
The rocket measures over 16 inches high and the Launch Control measures over 7 inches when fully constructed. The launchpad with closed tower arms measures over 9 inches high and the Monorail track measures over 3 inches high.
With such a construction, the Lego toys are realistic; however, the fun ends too quickly because of the limited number of bricks. For such a theme, more bricks could have been required for clear details. Overall, it is a great Lego set for a learning experience as compared to other fantasy sets in the market.
10. THE LEGO MOVIE 2 The Rexcelsior (1820 Pieces)
- Build The Rexcelsior spaceship toy, featuring a detailed microscale interior and a rapid-fire, 6-missile spring-loaded shooter, to role-play space missions with Rex and Emmet!
- This THE LEGO MOVIE 2 building kit for kids includes Stubble Trouble Emmet and Rex Dangervest minifigures, LEGO Emmet and Rex microfigures, 5 micro raptor toy dinosaur figures and 5 micro build models including Emmet's house and a dropship
- The Rexcelsior spaceship toy measures over 7-inch (19cm) high, 15-inch (40cm) long and 8-inch (21cm) wide
A detailed spaceship toy inspired by the LEGO MOVIE 2 The Rexcelsior! 70839 Building Kit, 2019 is truly remarkable. Depicting a Rexcelsior spaceship, the Lego toy has a detailed micro-scale interior along with a rapid-fire, 6-missile spring-loaded shooter.
Best suited for role-playing, this spaceship toy emulates the space missions of Rex and Emmet. This spaceship set comes with 2 building kits including Stubble Trouble Emmet and Rex Dangervest Minifigures.
Also, it has 5 micro raptor toy dinosaur figures, 5 micro-build models including Emmet’s house and a dropship. This marvel of a Lego set has 1820 pieces, one of the largest collections of Lego pieces in the market for a children’s model.
Meant to be a construction model, the Rexcelsior spaceship set is 22.9 x 14.9 x 4.7 inches and weighs only 8.25 pounds. However, the model can include more colors as the majority of the set contains only a single color. This makes the complete look of the spaceship a lit bland and monotonous.
11. LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Express (801 Pieces)
- Kids can transport themselves to the world of Harry Potter with this LEGO Hogwarts Express train set, This model train comes with removable side panels and roof, plus a railway toy bridge and Platform 9¾ for creative play
- This model train set includes a variety of Harry Potter Minifigures, including Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Remus Lupin, the Trolley Witch and Harry Potter, plus Dementor and Scabbers figures. The Hogwarts Express is the perfect Harry Potter Gift
- Kids can recreate their favorite Harry Potter scenes with this train replica and Harry Potter characters, They can order candy from the Trolley Witch or fly the Dementor into the carriage for hours of imaginative play
Recreate the railway station from the Harry Potter movies with the LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Express 75955 Toy Train Building Set. A mix of fantasy and fun, this Lego set comes with removable side panels and roof, a railway toy bridge and Platform 9¾.
The set has Minifigures including Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Remus Lupin, Trolley Witch, Harry Potter, a Dementor and Scabbers. All these characters are meant for creative play and fantasy indulgence.
The Hogwarts Express Lego set is undoubtedly a perfect gift for your child’s birthday or for the Holiday season. The train can be removed apart to depict scenes from the book or movie and recreate the story. Kids can indulge in role-playing by adopting different characters and therefore can include a number of people at once.
Made of 804 pieces, this Lego set is a brilliant way to cheer, play and enact the Harry Potter movie scenes. Aimed at children of ages 8 to 14, this Lego set is bound to be a thrilling time-passer.
The Hogwarts Express train replica measures over 3 inches high and 18 inches long. Weighing only 3 pounds, this Lego set is a way to recreate your own adventures with wizards, spells and charms.
Lego Sets Buying Guide
Lego derives its name from ‘leg godt’– a name of Danish origin and translates to “play well”. Ole Kirk Christiansen, a Danish carpenter, originally thought of the idea and began producing interlocking plastic brinks in 1949.
Later in 1964, Ole Kirk Christiansen along with his son Godtfred, made the current Lego set with ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene). If you are an avid Lego collector/ enthusiast/ player, then here is a buying guide for you.
Become a Lego VIP member
The loyalty scheme from Lego known as VIP and has a free membership. This comes in handy for members who buy Lego sets at least twice a year. The membership provides free gifts from time to time.
However, the most important perk of the membership are points that a member can earn while purchasing a Lego set. The points are useful for different benefits like gaining credit to spend online or in-stores. If a member purchases Lego sets every month, the points will double for all events in the store.
Wait for a discount
Smaller Lego sets showcase a discount of up to 20% after a couple of weeks post the release of a new set. However, larger sets also have a discount but the waiting period is quite long. It can be difficult to say when those discounts would kick in that are usually 5% – 10% only.
However, exclusive Lego sets that adults look for are harder to find and get a discount on it.
Know which set to buy and WHY!
If you are looking for a good time with your children, then the Creator sets are the ideal choice. They are fun to build, dismantle and rebuild.
Large sets are expensive but members, who are collectors of Lego, can consider it as an investment. There are active communities where people buy and sell their Lego set/ collection for an increased amount.
Exclusive or limited edition Lego sets often have a higher selling value and collectors always lookout to buy them.
Know where to sell Lego and learn the selling strategy
According to a 2015 Telegraph article, Lego sets have premium ROI value. The article states that rare and exclusive Lego sets provide better ROI than gold or stock.
Brickset is a website that provides information on discounts. Bricklink is an online platform where a member can sell or purchase rare Lego sets. Keeping track of the Lego market can be useful while making a sale, bargain or pitching.
Know all about Lego sets just like stocks
Rebrickable is an online platform for unique designs. This site is suitable for both players and collectors.
Bricker is a website that provides information on all Lego sets and Lego-compatible sets. A great place for Lego enthusiasts who are looking for fun, this site is like a Lego database.
Brickipedia, as the name suggests, is a ‘Wikipedia’ that has curated content about Lego sets.
Shop around but do not wait too long
Not all Lego sets are expensive and those, which are exclusive, also experience a lowering in prices after their release. However, exclusive Lego sets are hard to get as there are numerous buyers waiting to get their hands on the rare ones.
Hence, wait for a certain period, say, 3-4 weeks, and look for the demand and popularity of exclusive Lego sets. If the hype around a particular set continues, know that the price will remain almost the same without any drastic decrease. In such a scenario, buying the set without delay is a wise option.
Keep Lego bricks safe and in good condition
Lego bricks are made from plastic and susceptible to damages. Exclusive and rare Lego sets need to be kept in good condition to maintain their market value. Remember, Lego sets kept in good condition experience an increase of 12% in value as per research between years 2000-15.
Our winner for today
The LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle is our pick for today. It is one of the best Lego sets in the market and has a unique design. Meant to create the feeling of the art of constructing miniature items inside a bottle, the Lego ship in a bottle building kit is distinctive.
Moreover, the set is compatible for children as well as adults as it blends the uniqueness of complexity and mystery throughout the endeavor. A true bonding set that parents and children can spend time together playing indoor.
We hope this list gave you an insight into the best Lego sets in the market and also helped to make your decision-making process easier.