Skating is a hugely popular pastime in many parts of the world today, and rollerblades are the most important part of gear required to enjoy it. Rollerblades come in a huge variety of colors, brands, styles, and uses, that it can be a monumental challenge choosing the right one that will fit your needs. Do not fret, though we are here to help!
By our reviews and testing, we have narrowed down the options on the market to the 11 best rollerblades that you can buy today. Aside from giving you in-depth reviews of each of these options, we have also provided a buying guide that can further assist you in making the right choice. Take your time reading this post, and in the end, you can be sure that it will help you.
Now, let’s consider each of the best options available right now.
Best Rollerblades Comparison Chart 2021
Bladerunner Advantage Women's Rollerblade
5 6 7 8 9 10
Bladerunner Advantage Pro XT Men Rollerblades
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
K2 Skate Rollerblade for Kids
Rollerblade Zetrablade Men's Rollerblades
K2 Skate Men's Vo2 90 Boa Rollerblades
5 6 6.5
K2 Skate Women's Rollerblades
Rollerblade Men's RBXL Fitness Skate
Rollerblade Twister 80 Mens Rollerblades
Rollerblade Maxxum 100 Inline Skates
K2 Skate Unnatural Rollerblades
10 10.5 11
Best Rollerblade On The Market of 2021
1. Bladerunner Advantage Women’s Rollerblade
- IDEAL FOR NEW SKATERS - Novice skate for women at an ideal price: comfort, control and stability
- SUPPORTIVE SHELL - Rollerblade design provides extra foot support and balance
- COMFORT LINER - Padded liner ensures a snug fit with an easy closure system: buckles, lace and strap
The Rollerblade brand is known worldwide for the high quality of its products, and this option is no exception. In fact, it is one of the top products from the brand. It is used, not just by frequent skaters, but also by professional athletes. Hence, if you are looking to feel just like an athlete as you skate, this is perhaps one way to do so. Why do so many people, even us, love this product so much? It is due to the several exciting features that it has.
First of all, the design is unlike almost anything out there. In terms of providing comfort, speed, and grip, you will be hard-pressed to find an option better than this product. It has a robust, sturdy frame that will protect your feet from bumps and impact. The closure and uppers are created with a design that is meant to keep your feet feeling super comfortable as you ride on the toughest surfaces.
It is made with high-quality materials that will last the test of time. Hence, be prepared for the quality synonymous with the Rollerblade brand. The wheels are rated highly and will deliver speed and traction at the same time, all in a bid to keep you safe as you skate.
If there is a drawback with this product, it has to be the unclear sizing.
Other than that, you will definitely love the overall feel and performance of this product.
2. Bladerunner Advantage Pro XT Men Rollerblades
- IDEAL FOR NEW SKATERS - Novice skate for men at an ideal price: comfort, control and stability
- SUPPORTIVE SHELL - Rollerblade design provides extra foot support and balance
- COMFORT LINER - Padded liner ensures a snug fit with an easy closure system: buckles, lace and strap
The first product on our list is this Bladerunner. The brand is quite popular among skaters, and we are not really surprised by how good it feels. Are you a beginner skater or haven’t skated for some time? Then, you’d find this an excellent option that delivers safe and fast skating performance.
It has several features that will ensure that you have a great time riding. Due to the design, they feel quite comfortable. The triple-closure design found by the sides makes them feel comfy and safe. It is a laced skate, with the laces out of the way and eliminating the chances of tripping as you skate. There is a Velcro strap that also serves to make it a snug fit. To top it off, there is a pair of buckles that can vastly improve fit and overall support. Thus, if you haven’t skated in a while, you will likely find these rollerblades just what you need to get back on track.
Aside from the snug fit, the wheels are made to be big, and the bearings excellent. Hence, it gives you plenty of speed and improves your traction.
A fault we found with these rollerblades is that the ventilation is rather poor.
Aside from that, the closure, buckles and overall design make it a top option you can purchase.
3. Rollerblade Maxxum 100 Inline Skates
- THIS SKATE DOES EVERYTHING. It is ideal for the urban, fitness, commuter and recreational skater. Skaters tend to like the Maxxum for the molded boot with easy buckles and lace closure.
- MOLDED SHELL is a vented boot that envelops your foot to ensure support with breathability. The cuff has a V-cut shape which complements versatilty and forward flex.
- PREMIUM LINER incorporates memory foam padding which provides a secure fit. The shock absorber in the heel dampens vibration & two micro-adjustable buckles and lace closure system assures optimal fit.
The last, but definitely not the least, rollerblades in this roundup are these impressive products from Rollerblade. These models come with the biggest skating wheels on our list; 100 mm. Hence, they are very fast and excellent for many folks, but especially for those concerned about their fitness.
They aren’t for beginners, though, but experts are sure to have a great time speeding along on these models. To keep you safe and secure as you glide along on these models, there is a closure system of laces and buckles.
The only problem we have with this product is that they weigh quite a lot, and this is felt while riding.
Other than that, experts will find them to be excellent choices.
4. K2 Skate Women’s Rollerblades
- Speed lacing system: the k2 speed lacing system makes it easy to get in and out of your skates. Just one pull of the lace, roll, and stow and you're ready to skate - it's that easy
- Stability plus cuff: the stability plus cuff is the perfect blend of support where you need it, eliminating overall skate weight and offering versatility for a wide range of skaters
- 84Mm 80a wheels
This particular product is great since it is designed mainly for women. If you are a woman looking for the best rollerblades you can wear, well, this has been designed just for you. It is especially excellent for fitness skating and for any woman looking to improve their skating. Although excellent for beginners, it is equally great for professionals.
They are designed to be lightweight and quick on the feet. Very comfortable, these skated come with a softness and suppleness you will not find in several other options on the market. One reason why we love this option is the technology embedded in the rollerblades. This technology ensures that you get the total support and comfort your feet deserve as you skate.
One main problem found in rollerblades is that they tend to squish the toes and make it super-uncomfortable. Well, not so with this option. Although the toe has plastic parts, the Softboot technology ensures that you do not feel it. 84mm wheels beneath the boots are big enough to take on the toughest surfaces with ease while ensuring a comfortable time. We also love that despite hours in the rollerblades, your feet come out smelling as fresh as when they went in.
The major downside of this product is that the back of the ankle comes at an odd angle that can be slightly uncomfortable.
Aside from that drawback, there is arguably no better option on the market for women.
5. Rollerblade Men’s RBXL Rollerblades
- The largest highest volume skate available on the market today
- Comfort support and performance for the big tall man with larger than average feet
- 4x90mm 84A super strong wheels and SG7 skate bearings
If you have big feet and have a problem finding the right size, then you will be relieved to know that there is an option for people like you! Enter the Rollerblade Men’s RBXL Fitness Skate. Remember that this product is from Rollerblade. Hence, aside from fitting your big feet, you can rest assured that it is made from the best quality materials available on the market.
Despite the big size, it provides wearers with incredible speed, ease, and fit that is nearly impossible to find in other options. You can relax, knowing that the performance it will give is top-notch and unbeatable, especially for someone with big feet.
To ensure that you feel very comfortable wearing it, it features a wonderful, snug liner. Hence, it feels so great you might forget you are even wearing rollerblades!
Since it is bigger than most other options, it isn’t very surprising that the wheels are also slightly bigger than usual. These 90mm wheels are made of durable material and deliver speed and traction regardless of the skating surface.
With more than 5 sizing options, you can rest assured that you will see the exact size that will fit your needs.
The downside is that they are more expensive than other options.
However, with a comfortable and highly impressive performance, it is definitely worth the relatively high cost.
6. Rollerblade Zetrablade Men’s Rollerblades
- BEST FIRST INLINE SKATE Zetrablade is a great entry level skate that can suffice the needs of beginner and casual skaters on a budget. It is supportive, comfortable and easy to use with a smooth ride.
- HIGH CUFF FOR ADDED SUPPORT The stiff, supportive shell makes learning how to skate easier with unmatched quality and durabiity.
- COMFORTABLE PERFORMANCE LINER Ample padding in the Training liner ensures comfort for any skater. The closure system adds to the overall fit and elevates the feel of this entry level skate.
If you are a beginner, these are arguably your best bet. These models are so good that they are recommended by most of the professional skaters we met. These high performance rollerblades come with features that elevate them above other options on the market.
For example, consider the support they give. The insoles, frame, and heels are made with beginners in mind and fit your feet quite snugly. The level of comfort they provided is unparalleled, especially in this price range. The Zetrablade will make your learning progress even faster while guaranteeing safety. The closure design is made secure and provides a great feel.
They come with 80mm wheels, which is quite large, but just what a beginner needs for a smoother, faster ride.
One other feature we love is the integration of the closure system with the shell. This design makes sure that the rollerblades have a very low center of gravity.
The wheels are the main drawbacks of this product. We found them to be quite tacky, and they do not last for a long time.
Overall, you will find it quite difficult to find a better option for beginners right now. The high cuffs, coupled with the low-center-of-gravity shell, and large wheels make it a top choice for anyone learning to skate.
7. K2 Skate Unnatural Rollerblades
- Aggressive Cuff
- Aggressive Base with Teflon Insert
- Black Leather Textured Upper
These models are excellent tools that will leave you awed with their lightweight and their impressive performance. They might not look like much, but they are impressive specimens for your feet. They are more than rollerblades as they not only let you skate but can help you do stunts and tricks that might be otherwise impossible for the average skater.
The design is quite unique, although this is mainly a question of taste. However, in our opinion, it looks quite nice. It has a faux leather design which makes then look elegant and clean. Additionally, due to their design, they are super lightweight and will let you float across the ice rink. They also have an aluminum frame, which not only makes them lightweight but also ensures that the body will last for an extended period.
To help you gain even more fun as you skate, it has strong wheels that will help you move well on the rink. Although the wheels are smaller than some of the others on the list, it is durable and grants you speed, comfort, and support that will help you enjoy whatever type of surface you are on.
Comfort is enhanced with the cuffs and laces, and the Velcro to make your feet snug. Beneath your feet, there is a shock-absorbing foam that will protect you from jolts as you move.
The drawback is the sizing issues. Other than the sizing, the lacing system, lightweight body, and durable wheels make it a top option on the market.
8. K2 Skate Rollerblade for Kids
- Traditional lacing system
- F.B.I. Skate frame
- Wheel bearings: 70mm, 80a/ABEC 3
If you are in the market for a pair of rollerblades for your children, then you will find this product from K2 to be an excellent fit for them. It hits all the right notes when it comes to safety and comfort and will be one of the top buying choices you can make.
Kids are growing, and it might not make plenty of sense buying an expensive pair of rollerblades only for them to be unwearable in a year. Fortunately, this particular model comes with an adjustable fit. You can adjust these bad boys up to 5 sizes. Hence, except your kid has a really abnormal growth spurt, you can rest assured that they will wear it for a long period. Additionally, they are made to be durable; hence even after wearing them for years, your kids can hand them over to their younger siblings.
We also love these rollerblades due to the support and the lacing system. It will keep them comfortable and safe as they skate.
Made with a lightweight, yet durable frame, these models are resistant to bumps and impacts and make it easier for your children to master skating.
A downside with these rollerblades is that the strap is somewhat redundant.
With durable construction, adjustable sizing, and overall quality, these are some of the best options for your children.
9. Rollerblade Twister 80 Mens Rollerblades
- The classic do it all skate from Rollerblade
- Perfect for many skating styles on all surfaces with 80mm 85A wheels SG7 skate bearings and a bomber 243mm aircraft aluminum frame
- Super tough and durable with incredible support and closures that make skating easy and fun
Regardless of your skill level, we highly recommend the Rollerblade Twister 80. No matter if you are just starting to learn skating or if you have been at it for a long time, you will definitely enjoy the comfort and overall stability offered by these impressive rollerblades. These models are some of the most versatile options that we have come across in our testing of several products on the market.
If you love street skating, or you are playing hockey, or even on a rink at the arena, you will simply fall in love, as we did, with this option.
One of the reasons why it is so impressive is that the 80mm wheels provide stability, speed, and traction. They come with a durometer rating of 85A, a quite impressive rating. Hence, they will last longer than most other options that have lower-rated wheels.
It is a very durable option as well, coming with a sturdy frame that will stand the test of time and hold up to impacts and hard-wearing use. Wearing it is quite easy, and it remains snug on your feet due to its buckle and lacing closure system.
We love how great they are; however, we noticed that they tend to feel uncomfortable after they have been worn for extended periods.
Nevertheless, these are highly recommended rollerblades for all skaters.
10. XinoSports Rollerblades
- OTHER INLINE SKATES ARE poorly constructed, with STRAPS THAT TEAR & CLASPS THAT break. The Xino Sports roller skates for boys & girls uses DOUBLE THICK THREADING to reinforce seams & HIGH GRADE plastics for clasps. It has a RUST-RESISTANT, REINFORCED aluminum frame & eight 70mm 82A polyurethane wheels with flashing LED LIGHTS (no batteries required!). HIGH PERFORMANCE ABEC-7 bearings with UPGRADED SECURE STAY-PUT WHEEL CONSTRUCTION ensures a smooth, swift glide for FOR YEARS TO COME.
- WITH THICKER PADDING THAN most kids inline skates, our kids skates are MORE COMFORTABLE than cheaper, low quality roller skates for girls & roller skates for boys. So your kiddo can enjoy hours of fun WITHOUT PAIN. ENGINEERED WITH premium soft foam inner lining for ADDED ANKLE SUPPORT, our skate is supported with a PREMIUM QUALITY ALUMINUM FRAME that WON’T CRACK, BEND OR BREAK & is REINFORCED WITH METAL RIVETS for durability while other boy & girls skates are stitched or glued together.
- KIDS GROW SO QUICKLY, NOW their girl & boys skates can grow with them. With 2 SIZES AVAILABLE, each size EXPANDS TO 4 SIZES IN ONE – Youth Medium (Size 1-4) & Youth Large (5-8) – these inline skates for girls & skates for boys can last FROM YOUTH INTO YOUNG ADULTHOOD. Great for Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, unique gifts or kids gift.
Another interesting option for folks looking to buy roller blades for their kids, the XinoSports comes with a design that makes for comfortable and safe skating.
It is also constructed to withstand the abuse that kids commonly inflict on their rollerblades as they learn how to skate. It features functions that will boost your kids skating prowess, helping them gain confidence and be better skaters.
As with the other “kiddies” option on this roundup, these rollerblades will grow with them, as it were. It has an adjustable design that implies that you can make the rollerblades bigger as your kids grow. Hence, you can say goodbye to buying new pairs of rollerblades yearly.
As they come with heavy-duty construction, these rollerblades will last for as long as possible. Despite the bulky appearance, they are some of the most comfortable options for your children. They come with 70 mm wheels that deliver speed, control, and traction. You can rest assured that the kids will have an unforgettable time using these rollerblades.
Nevertheless, these rollerblades come with downsides, and the major complaint that we have is that the closure system is difficult for most kids to do on their own.
Aside from that downside, it is an otherwise impressive product that you and the kids will love.
11. K2 Skate Men’s Vo2 90 Boa Rollerblades
The next option on our list is the K2 rollerblades. It is a tried and tested product that is viewed by so many folks as the best rollerblades they have ever had. From our testing, we also will agree with them. These models are excellent for users, whether beginners or experts.
It has extra-large wheels that serve to make your skating more enjoyable. These wheels grant the skater plenty of traction and grip; hence, it is very easy to move around and make sharp turns that ordinarily might be dangerous on other types of rollerblades.
You will find the blades super-comfortable to wear and light on the feet. Coupled with the other design features, this product is one of the safest and most comfortable options on the market today.
One problem that we found with these otherwise perfect rollerblades is that the brake feels awkward at first and will take some getting used to.
Aside from that, the aluminum frames, big wheels, and excellent bearings make this a top option available right now.
How To Choose A Rollerblade: A Buyer’s Guide
Whether for fun or for competing, you need a great pair of rollerblades. We know that it can be hard finding just the right one, and that is why we have given you an in-depth review of 11 great products. To further assist you, we have provided you with this buying guide as well. So, let’s see some of the essential features to consider as you make a buying choice.
When we talk of functions, we are also referring to the technologies embedded in the rollerblades. Rollerblades have come a long way from what they used to be 30, 40 years ago, and that is mainly down to these technologies found in the latest models.
One of these is the closure system. The closure system comes in different forms and styles, but the main aim is to ensure your safety as you skate. There are different types of closure systems. For example, the cuff closure system is excellent for folks concerned about rolling their ankles as they skate. The lacing closure system, on the other hand, is designed to ensure that the feet remain in the boots as you skate.
If you are growing, or are looking to buy rollerblades for kids, it is smart to buy a pair of rollerblades with adjustable frames. That way, you can always adjust the size of the rollerblades to fit your feet. This makes it safer and more comfortable for the wearer.
Your rollerblades should be made from high-quality materials and come with a sturdy frame that will ensure that it lasts for as long as possible. You do not want to buy rollerblades that can give up on you while skating.
Rollerblades come in a wide range of prices, from tens of dollars to thousands of dollars. While you might not think of spending thousands on a pair, you must choose an option that balances price and performance.
It is essential to choose a trustworthy, reputable brand. Choosing an unknown brand will likely result in disappointment as they might lack the quality more reputable brands are known for.
It is good to check out what others are saying about the rollerblades. That way, you’d know what to expect from your purchase.
From the roundup, our top pick is the Bladerunner Advantage Women's Rollerblade. These models are excellent for users, whether beginners or experts. They are built to last, come from a reputable brand, and offer overall the best experience. We hope that this post will help you in choosing the best rollerblades out of all the options on the market today.